Effective Date: September 8, 2022
Last Updated: September 8, 2022
Types of Information We Collect
Bonus collects information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” form or similar features on our Website. We may also collect information about your home that you submit.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Website. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address, or operating system.
- Financial Information. If you wish to proceed with a transaction on the Website, we may ask you to provide personal or financial information. This may include, for example, mortgage information.
- Other Information. If you use our Website, we may collect information about your browser type, language preference, referring site and the date and time of each visitor request. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may also collect data relating to your location. This may include your exact location.
How We Collect Your Information
Bonus collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information:
- Directly From You. For example, when you submit an inquiry to us.
- Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Website on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Website.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from our business partners, including analytics vendors. This may also include social media sites such as Facebook and Google.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Website. We may also combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Website.
How We Use Your Information
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Run and Improve Our Website and Product. We may use your information to make our Website and Product better. We may also use your information to provide you with information about our Product.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback. This may also include providing you with an offer for our Product.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about our company and our business initiatives.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our Product. It may also include protecting our Policy.
- Aggregated Statistics. Bonus may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. For instance, Bonus may monitor the website’s most popular whitepapers. Bonus may display this information publicly or provide it to others.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
How We Share Your Information
Bonus is not in the business of selling your information, however, we do disclose your information in connection with developing and maintaining the Bonus Product. We share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information with our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations.
- With our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us manage properties.
- To Comply with the Law or to Protect Ourselves. We may share your information in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Bonus believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Bonus, third parties or the public at large.
- Business Transfers. If Bonus, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Bonus goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
Bonus takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Website will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
Bonus uses small text files called cookies to improve the overall Website experience. We may also use “Web beacons” in HTML-based emails to track which emails are opened by recipients. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use and disclosure policies.
Minors and Privacy
This website is not intended for use by minors. If you are under 18, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If we discover that we have collected any personally identifiable information from a person under the age of 18, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect the information we collect and maintain. However, no method of Internet use, transmission over the Internet or other electronic transmissions, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee (1) that these measures will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your information or (2) the absolute security of your personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in your email that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
Links to Third Party Sites
How to Contact Us